The Prime Minister has announced a huge ramping up of the COVID-19 booster vaccination programme to protect us all from the Omicron variant.
Who can get a COVID-19 booster dose
You can get a booster dose if you had a 2nd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 3 months ago and:
- you are aged 18 or over
- you are aged 16 or over with a health condition that puts you at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- you are a frontline health or social care worker
- you live or work in a care home
- you are aged 16 or over and are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
- you are aged 16 or over and live with someone who has a weakened immune system (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.
You will be receiving a text message to book your booster in order of patient priority, if you do not receive a message, please call the Hastings vaccination centre to make a booking – 01424 236260
If you are unable to get booked via the Hastings centre, our team will be able to assist with booking your appointment. However, it is important that we keep the GP telephone lines available for patients with health-related needs.